The holiday season is a special time of the year when we get to reconnect with our loved ones, share our gratitude and joy, and celebrate our traditions and values. Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or any other festive occasion, sending your family and friends a heartfelt message can make them feel appreciated and loved.
But how do you write a happy holiday message that is sincere, personal, and meaningful? How do you express your warm wishes and hopes for the new year? How do you avoid sounding cliché or generic?
This blog post will share some tips and examples on how to craft a heartwarming happy holidays message for your family and friends. You can use these as inspiration or customize them to suit your own style and personality.
How to write a happy holidays message
Before you start writing your message, think about the following questions:
- Who are you writing to? Is it a close friend, a distant relative, a co-worker, or someone else?
- What is your relationship with them? How well do you know them? What do you have in common?
- What do you want to say to them? Do you want to thank them for something, congratulate them on something, apologize for something, or just say hello?
- What tone do you want to use? Do you want to be formal, informal, funny, serious, sentimental, or upbeat?
Once you have a clear idea of what you want to say and how you want to say it, you can start writing your message. Here are some general guidelines to follow:
- Start with a greeting. You can use a generic greeting like “Happy Holidays” or “Season’s Greetings”, or a specific one like “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Hanukkah”. If you are not sure what the person celebrates, it’s better to use a generic one.
- Express your appreciation. Tell the person how much they mean to you, how grateful you are for their friendship or support, how proud you are of their achievements, or how happy you are for their success.
- Share some highlights. Mention some memorable moments or experiences that you shared with the person in the past year, or some positive news or updates that happened in your life.
- Wish them well. Send them your best wishes and hopes for the new year, whether it’s health, happiness, peace, love, prosperity, or anything else that matters to them.
- End with a closing. You can use a simple sign-off like “Sincerely”, “Love”, “Best”, or “Cheers”, or something more personal like “Hugs and kisses”, “Your friend”, “Your sister”, or “Your partner”. Don’t forget to write your name at the end.
Examples of happy holidays messages
The holiday season is a time to celebrate with your loved ones, share joy and gratitude, and express your best wishes for the new year. Whether you’re sending a card, an email, or a text message, you want to make sure your message is heartfelt and sincere. Here are some examples of heartwarming happy holidays messages for your family and friends:
- To my dearest family, thank you for being my greatest gift this year. I’m so grateful for your love and support. Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season and a prosperous new year!
- You are more than a friend, you are a blessing in my life. I hope this holiday season brings you peace, happiness, and everything you wish for. Happy holidays, my dear friend!
- There’s no place like home for the holidays, especially when home is where you are. You make every day feel like a celebration. I can’t wait to spend this special time with you. Happy holidays, my love!
- The holidays are a time to remember what matters most in life: family, friends, and faith. You have enriched my life with all three. Thank you for being such a wonderful part of my journey. Happy holidays and God bless you!
- Nothing makes me happier than knowing that you are happy. You have been such a joy and inspiration to me throughout the year. I hope this holiday season fills your heart with warmth and cheer. Happy holidays, my sweet child!
Long “Happy Holidays” Messages
Here are some examples of longer messages for the holidays. Use them as inspiration and modify to suit your own needs.
For a close friend
Happy Holidays, my dear friend!
You are such a wonderful person, and I’m so lucky to have you in my life. Thank you for always being there for me, making me laugh, listening to me rant, and supporting me through thick and thin.
This year has been crazy and challenging, but we made it through together. I’m so proud of how much you’ve grown and accomplished. You are an inspiration to me and many others.
I hope this holiday season brings you joy and peace. I hope the new year is full of amazing opportunities and adventures for you. I hope we can see each other soon and catch up on everything.
You are always in my thoughts and in my heart. I love you so much!
For a distant relative
Season’s Greetings, [name]!
I hope this message finds you and your family well. I’m sorry we haven’t been in touch much lately. Life has been busy and hectic for both of us.
I wanted to let you know that I’m thinking of you and that I miss you. You are such an important part of our family, and I cherish our bond.
I hope you had a wonderful year full of happiness and success. I’m so happy to hear that [mention something positive that happened in their life].
I hope this holiday season is filled with love and laughter for you and your loved ones. I hope the new year brings you good health and prosperity.
Please give my regards to [mention other family members]. I hope we can talk more often and maybe even meet in person someday.
You are always welcome in my home and in my heart.
For a co-worker
Happy Holidays, [name]!
I hope you are enjoying some well-deserved time off. You have worked so hard this year, and I’m so impressed by your dedication and achievements.
You are a great co-worker and a valuable member of our team. I appreciate your professionalism, your creativity, and your sense of humor. You make work fun and enjoyable.
I hope this holiday season is relaxing and rewarding for you. I hope the new year is full of new challenges and opportunities for you. I look forward to working with you again soon.
You have my respect and admiration.
Photos and Happy Holidays Images
One of the most effective ways to personalize your Happy Holidays message is to include some photos or images to accompany your words. Photos and images will help your loved ones remember the moment and feel the warmth of an intimate connection.
When selecting photos to share, pick ones that bring back memories of happy times. For example, you could include a photo of everyone together at a holiday party or a vacation you took. These kinds of photos remind your loved ones of the special moments you’ve shared and can help bring a smile to their faces.
If you want to use a traditional or more general holiday-themed image, consider using one that is associated with the season, such as snowflakes, snowmen, Christmas trees, holly leaves, or poinsettias. These images can evoke feelings of joy and warmth, even if your loved one cannot be with you in person.
Another option is to look for a Happy Holidays image online. There are many websites that offer a variety of fun and festive images to use in your message. Freepik, Unsplash, Pexels, and StockFreeImages are just some of the websites that you can check out.
You can also create your own Happy Holidays image with a photo editor like Photoshop or Canva. This will give you the freedom to create something truly unique and special. You could combine elements from different images and add a personalized message. This approach will show your loved ones that you put a lot of thought into your Happy Holidays message.
Finally, you can add a Happy Holidays image from a collection of holiday photos and greeting cards. These collections are often available from libraries and online stores. They can help you to pick out the perfect image for your message.
No matter what kind of photo or image you include in your Happy Holidays message, it will be sure to bring a smile to your loved ones’ faces and show them how much you care. So go ahead and share a special photo or image to make them feel extra special this holiday season.
Writing a happy holiday message for your family and friends can be a fun and meaningful way to express your feelings and celebrate the season. You don’t have to be a professional writer or a poet to craft a heartwarming message. You just have to be yourself and speak from your heart.
We hope this blog post has given you some ideas and tips on how to write a happy holiday message that will make your loved ones smile. Remember, it’s not about the length or the format of your message; it’s about the sentiment and the intention behind it.