Organizing a birthday party can be overwhelming. That’s why we’re here to help you come up with the best birthday invitation message so that you can cross this one out on your to-do list.
We’ve also included an invitation etiquette guide and some tips for writing birthday invitations and thank you notes. Be sure to read until the end.
100+ Best Birthday Invitations Wording Samples
Don’t know what to write on a birthday invitation? Whether you are trying to write an adult birthday invitation wording or 3rd birthday invitations wording, we’ve got your back.
We’ve come up with over 100 Best Birthday Invitations Wording Samples just for you.
Funny Birthday Invitation Wording for Adults
- You are all invited to my party. I know you’re all coming for the food.
- Come to my party and we’ll party like we’re still in our 20s.
- Come to my party. Gifts are required at the entrance.
- Wine gets better with age. Age gets better with wine. So let’s drink up at my birthday party!
- You are invited to the party of the year! Don’t waste this privilege. See you there!
- The wildest party is about to happen. Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime event.
- You’re invited to my birthday party. Let’s drink some wine and forget our age.
- If you’re reading this it means that you gave me a fabulous birthday present last year that’s why you’re invited to this party. Be consistent so that you’ll be invited again next year.
- I was gonna drink anyway but since it’s my birthday, I might as well invite you and have a party.
- Only the best people are invited to my party. Looks like you’re one of them.
- You are invited to my birthday party. I’m looking forward to seeing you and your gift on my birthday.
- You know I don’t like sharing cakes and treats but this day is an exception. You are invited to my birthday party.
- There are certain things you can’t afford to miss. My birthday party is one of them.
- Hey! You party animal! Are you ready for the wildest party yet? Come and celebrate with me on my birthday and experience a one-of-a-kind party.
- Don’t let your weekend be boring. Come to my birthday party instead. A night of fun and games awaits you. See you!.
Birthday Invitation Message for Adults
- One of the most valuable riches that human beings have are friendships. So I want to celebrate my friendship on my birthday. See you on (date)at (time)at (address).
- It is not the years in your life but the life in your years that counts-Adlai Stevenson. I want to make my 40th-year count so I’m inviting the people I care about deeply to my party. See you on (address)at (time)at (address) and don’t forget to bring good energy.
- On the occasion of my Birthday, I invite you to the party at my house to be held on the (date) at (time). Prepare to have some fun!
- Having the fortune of celebrating another year of life generates huge happiness, but it would be even greater if you accompany me to my party to celebrate my (age) birthday, on (date)at (time) at (address).
- My birthday celebration wouldn’t be perfect without you! Come celebrate with me on (date) at (time) at (address).
- I am inviting you to celebrate with me on my birthday. I know I can count on you to stay when everyone else left the party.
- Today I am (age). Time flies. A mixture of emotions invades me, among them joys and fears. Thank God I can share them with you.
- I feel grateful for this chance of being given another year. I would like to share my happiness with you. Please come to my birthday party on (date)at (time) at (address) to celebrate this blessing.
- Every year that we celebrate is a gift. Let’s enjoy and celebrate this great event with our dear friend (name).
- I thank life for giving me the opportunity to be here one more year, for being able to share with all my beloved people and celebrate my (age) birthday.
- Come to enjoy, laugh, and share, but mainly to celebrate the Birthday of our beloved (name).
- Celebrations are my passion, and today I have a great excuse -it’s my birthday! Come celebrate with me on my birthday.
- I want to share this day with all of you to feel your pleasant company and make this an unforgettable birthday. I love you very much. And nothing would make me happier on this day than having you by my side when blowing my candles and asking for my wish. Everyone is invited to my Birthday.
- My birthday is coming soon. One of my greatest wishes is that my closest friends come to visit me to have a good time and have fun. Let’s all be happy on this day. I’ll be waiting for you.
- You are invited to my birthday. I hope you can spare a little of your time to keep me company on my special day. Don’t worry about the gifts. I just want all of us to have fun on my birthday.
- For all those who want to dance until dawn and have fun without worries, I know a perfect day just for that. Come and celebrate with me on my birthday and you will have a night full of fun.
- This birthday invitation is for all those whom I consider good friends. I would love to spend this day with people who appreciate me. Thanks in advance to those who will be coming to celebrate an important day of my life.
- I invite all my friends and anyone who knows me to celebrate my Birthday. I want to spend my birthday with all the people who make every day in my life special. Gifts are welcome but your presence is the best gift I could receive.
- You are invited to my birthday party. Being with my friends is what I love most. I hope you can come and celebrate with me.
- The most memorable birthday celebrations are those spent with friends who make an ordinary day a fantastic one. You are invited to my birthday party.
- As I celebrate another year of my life, I would love to be with those I consider friends of a lifetime. You are one of my closest friends. I am inviting you to celebrate with me on my birthday.
- I am hosting a small party to celebrate my birthday. I hope you can come.
- Please join me in celebrating my birthday. I really hope you can be part of this wonderful celebration.
- I’m finally turning 18! To celebrate this milestone, I’ll be hosting a party at my home. You are invited. See you!
- You are invited to my simple birthday party with my closest family and friends. I hope you can come.
- My dear friend, you have been exceptionally kind and supportive of me. Allow me to take care of you by treating you to a drink with my other friends tonight in celebration of my birthday.
- I won’t be having a grand celebration this year but just a small gathering with my closest friends. I hope you can come.
- Some believe that birthdays are an occasion to make noise. Some think they are a perfect excuse to cheat on their diets. But for me, this Birthday is the ideal excuse to have you all together. I hope you can come to my birthday celebration and let’s enjoy my special day together.
Adult Birthday Invitation Letters
Do you want to write a longer invitation letter? Take inspiration from the Birthday Invitation Letter Samples below.
Friends! In case you don’t remember, my 30th birthday is coming. Let’s go to the numbers:
- 30 years celebrating my birthday
- Three decades of wisdom translated into memories and experiences
- 360 months of happiness and opportunities to meet new people
- 1564 weeks of love and affection
- 15778800 minutes of madness
- Countless friends and unrepeatable moments
I felt very young until mathematics ruined my sense of reality. In spite of the fact that I’m getting old, I would like to celebrate this year more of life in the company of the people I love most.
The party is going to be held in a bar (I leave the location below) and will start at about 8 pm. I will arrive at about 7:00 to check that everything is in order.
I know that many people worry about finding me a good gift. I’ll make it easier for everyone. All I ask is that they come with the attitude of having a good time. If you have any questions, you can contact me. I hope to see you soon! Thank you for being part of my life for another year!
I never thought that the years would pass so fast and weigh so little! I am about to celebrate my 30th birthday, and in all these years, I have lived through everything: joys, sadness, love, heartbreak, stress, etc. All these experiences that marked my life are not as meaningful. As the people who have come to stay with me.
Of all the things that I have learned, I realize that the most valuable are friends and having a good time, so we have to celebrate that I have one more year of wisdom to share with you. In exchange for your company, I promise you good food, excellent company, and a little drink.
As they say that genres are broken in tastes, and I do not want to impose mine, I suggest you bring your drink. Remember that the intention is to have a good time, and we cannot ruin it for something as simple as a drink!
The details: the party is going to be at my house and you can arrive after eight. Before you ask me, yes, you can park on the street. If you don’t know where I live, I’m sorry, the invitation is not for you. Just kidding! I’ll attach a map for you.
Last rule: prohibited from talking about stress, work, or depressing things. It’s my party of 30! Enough depression!
I hope to see you soon!
I thank life for allowing me to have another year of life, surrounded by the love of my family and my friends. I could not be more grateful to all the people who have been part of my life and have taught me something new month after month.
Today I am celebrating another year of life full of good memories and moments that I am sure I will never forget. Although you never know what the future holds, I am happy to share it with you.
On the occasion of my birthday, I want to start creating new memories with the people that mean so much to me. For this reason, I want to extend you an invitation to attend a simple celebration with my closest family and friends.
The meeting will take place at my house after eight at night. Although we will have drinks, feel confident to bring your favorite beverage. If you have any questions about the location of the place, you can contact me on my cell phone number or through an email.
I hope to see you!
Birthday Invitation Wording for Children’s Party
Whether you are planning a small children’s party or a big one, it’s best to give out invitation cards via email or in-person to serve as a reminder to the one you are inviting.
Here are sample invitation wordings for a children’s party.
1st Birthday Invitations Wording
- (name) arrived and our life took a special turn. After a year of becoming parents, we are ready to celebrate his first year in the company of great friends like you. See you!
3rd Birthday Invitations Wording
- I came to the world on a sunny day to load everyone’s lives with much joy and happiness. We want to celebrate my third birthday with everyone.
- The most special day came for my parents, family, friends, and me. I hope you come to my castle on (date) at (time) at (address) for my third birthday party. Let’s have a lot of fun!
Generic Children’s Birthday Party Invitations Wordings
Thanks to the care of my parents and the love of the people around me, I will be (age) years old. as you are an essential part of our lives, we want you to join us to celebrate it. That’s why we invite you to my birthday party to be held on the last Sunday of this month!
As it is a children’s party, we want moms to know that children wish to comfortable clothes that we can play with and shoes that don’t hurt us. I hope everyone can come to accompany me on this special day for my family and me.
My party will start at four in the afternoon, but if you want to arrive a little earlier, the room will be open at 3:30. If you have trouble finding the place, you can call my parents.
Themed Birthday Party Wording Invitations for Kids
- Superhero theme. Calling all superheroes! You are invited to join (name) birthday party on (time and date) at (address). Come and save the day!
- Superman theme. Superman invites all his super friends to the great costume party this (date)at (time)at (address) … Don’t miss it! Together we will make my Birthday a great adventure.
- Princess theme. Once upon a time, there was a princess born four years ago. Join her for some food, games and fun as she celebrates her birthday on (date) at (time).
- Pirate theme. Ahoy! Get on board Captain (name) ship on (date) at (time) at (address) to celebrate his birthday. Everyone is encouraged to wear their pirate costume.
- Space theme. Join (name) in exploring the space in an out of this world party as he celebrates his birthday.
- Under the Sea theme. Join (name) for an Under the Sea adventure this coming Saturday in celebration of her birthday.
- Magic theme. Abracadabra! You are invited to a magic show on (date at(time) at (address). Please join us as we celebrate (name) birthday.
- Halloween theme. (name) birthday is on Halloween! Come and join us if you dare. You are invited to a Halloween scare!
- Unicorn theme. Join us in a magical day as we celebrate (name) birthday.
- Minecraft theme. (name) is turning (age)! Are you ready to have a blast? You are invited to join him at his party on (date at (time).
- Circus theme. Come one, come all! You are invited to (name) circus birthday party.
- Safari theme. Get ready to roar! Join us in an afternoon of fun and games in celebration of (name) birthday.
- Gamer theme. Join (name) as he levels up! You are invited to his birthday party on (date) at (time)at (address).
- Paw Patrol theme. It’s time to Paw-ty. You are invited to a one-of-a-kind adventure on (date) at(time) at (address) as we celebrate (name) birthday.
- Dinosaur theme. (name) is turning (age). You are invited to chomp and stomp at his spectacu-roar party on (date) at (time) at (address).
- Alice in Wonderland theme. Celebrate with (name) and have a wonderful time on (date and time) at (address).
- Fortnite theme. Bunny hop to (address) on (date and time) to join (name) in his (age) birthday party.
- Avengers theme. Join (name) for a marvelous afternoon of games and fun on his birthday (date and time) at (address).
- Peter Rabbit theme. You are invited to (name) birthday party on (date and time) at (address) Hop in and have loads of fun!
- Robot theme. (name) is due for an upgrade. Come and join the fun as he celebrates his birthday on (date and time) at (address).
- Star Wars theme. Join the force and celebrate (name) birthday on (date and time) at (address).
- Art or Craft Party theme. (name) is celebrating his/her birthday. Come to play, create, and celebrate with him/her on (Date and time) at (address).
- Harry Potter theme. Attention Wizards! You are invited to attend the celebration of (name) birthday on (date and time) at (address).
- Train theme. Choo choo! You are invited to come aboard and celebrate (name) birthday on (date and time) at (address).
- Roblox theme. ABC me if you’re coming to my birthday party.
- Slumber theme. You are invited to a slumber party for (name) this coming (date).
- Bear theme. A bear-y exciting day awaits you. You are invited to (name) birthday party on (date and time) at (address).
- Slime theme. It’s slime time. Come and join a day of fun in celebration of (name) birthday.
- Bounce Party. Come join the fun as (name) celebrates his/her birthday.
- Spiderman theme. You are invited to swing by our house on (date and time) to celebrate (name) birthday.
- Fairy theme. A magical day awaits you. Come to (address) on (date and time) to celebrate the birthday of (name).
- Lego theme. Calling all master builders! You are invited to an afternoon of fun at (address) on (date and time) to celebrate (name) birthday.
Sample Birthday Invitation Wording for Teen Birthday Party
Teenagers may not want an elaborate birthday party, except maybe for those who are having a sweet 16 birthday party. Here are some sample birthday invitation wordings based on the theme or activity.
- You’re invited to a pool party to celebrate the birthday of (name) on (date and time) at (address). Don’t forget to bring your swimsuit and towels.
- You are invited to join a laser tag party to be held on (date and time) at (address) in celebration of (name) birthday.
- It’s a game night on my birthday! Join me as I celebrate my birthday on (date).
- (name) is turning 16! Come to her Sweet 16 Party for a night of fun and dance.
- You have an appointment for a spa on (date and time). Relax and get pampered all day as (name) celebrates her (age) birthday.
- Join me for movie marathon night on my birthday, (date and time) at our house. See you there.
- You’re invited for a pizza night on my birthday!
Sample Surprise Birthday Party Invitation
- Ssshh. You’re being invited to a surprise birthday party for (name) on (date and time) at (address).
- Can you keep a secret? We are organizing a surprise party for (name). We hope you can come and celebrate.
- No spoilers, please. (name) is having her birthday and we have decided to give her a surprise party. Please come to the party on (date and time) at (address).
- We are preparing a surprise party for (name). Aside from coming to the event, we would also like to request you to keep her busy on the day so as not to spoil the surprise. We hope that you can spare your time for this plan. Let’s meet to talk about this more.
Sample Birthday Invitations Wording By Theme for Adults
Here is some Birthday Invitations Wording to adapt to various party themes for adults. Use them as inspiration in creating your own.
- Generic birthday party invitation: You are invited! Join us to help us celebrate (event).
- Invitation to retirement and birthday party: We invite you to join (name) in celebrating his/her birthday and retirement.
- Invitation to the housewarming birthday party: The landscape has changed, and the address is new, but our door is always open for family and friends like you. Stop by and visit our new home and celebrate with me on my birthday!
- Invitation to Valentine’s birthday party: You are invited to my birthday celebration. Since it is also heart’s month, my party is Valentine-themed. You are welcome to bring a date with you.
- Pool birthday party invitation: the sun warms up, but the water is cold. Join us for a summer party by the pool.
- Invitation to 1920’s birthday party: [Name] turns 30! Let’s help him say goodbye to his roaring 20. Please be in your best 1920’s inspired attire.
- Graduation birthday party invitation: Graduation class of [year]. Come and celebrate with us at a graduation and birthday dinner for (name).
- Bridal shower birthday invitation: Let’s express our best wishes and give love to the bride! We are organizing a bachelorette party for (name) coinciding with her birthday.
- Bachelor birthday party invitation: [Name of honoree] is soon to be married! Join us on the last night of fun.
- Invitation to the vintage tea birthday party: we cordially invite you to attend a tea with a snack for ladies. We encourage you to wear hats and pearls for tea.
- Garden birthday party invitation: the table is set, and the garden is ready! Join us at our first garden party.
- Christmas birthday party invitation: Let’s get together and share the spirit of this season! You are invited to a dinner at my house in celebration of the occasion. It is also my wife’s birthday so it will be a two-in-one celebration. I hope you can make time for this.
- 70th birthday invitations wording samples. Please join us for a gathering in honor of (name) who is turning 70 this year. Your presence will be highly appreciated.
- Board game night invitation: Who says we’re too old for games? On my birthday, you are invited to a night of fun and competition. See you at my house.
- Geek party invitation: Hello, fellow geeks. In celebration of my birthday, you are invited to geek out on (date) at (address). Come in your best geeky outfit.
- Karaoke party invitation: Belt out your favorite songs at my Karaoke party on (date and time) at (address). A great singing voice will be appreciated but not required.
- Comic-themed party invitation: Are you game for a mini-Comicon? Come to (address) on (date and time) in your favorite comic character outfit and celebrate with me.
- Spa weekend party invitation: Get ready to be pampered on (date and time) at (address). I am hosting a spa party in celebration of my birthday.
- Backyard picnic invitation: You’re invited to a backyard party in celebration of my birthday on (date and time) at my house.
- Dinner party invitation: In celebration of my birthday, I am hosting a dinner party for my closest friends and family. I hope you can come and celebrate with me.
- Girls’ night out invitation: We deserve to have some fun. To celebrate my birthday, I am treating you to a girl’s night out with our closest friends.
What to write on a birthday invitation?
Here are some tips for writing a birthday invitation.
- Be sure to include the birthday celebrator’s name.
- Put the date, time, and venue of the party. You may also want to include a map for those who are not familiar with the venue.
- Be clear about who is being invited. Indicate if you will allow the invitee to bring another guest.
- Include any special instructions such as the following:
- If you are having a themed party and you want the visitors to come in costume, be sure to mention it on the invitation.
- For a formal party, be sure to mention the dress code to the invitees.
- For a pool party, remind the guests to bring swimwear and towels.
- For a hobby party, ensure that guests know if they need to bring any tools and or materials.
- For an outdoor camping party, let your guests know if they have to bring tents and other camping gear.
- For adult parties, state the type of celebration to avoid confusion. Indicate if it is a formal dinner party, a pool party, a dancing party, etc. This will also be a cue on what to wear.
- As much as possible, use words that relate to your theme, if any. You can also add a quote, a poem, or a funny statement to the invitation. Just be sure that the language you use is consistent with the theme or the type of celebration (whether the party is formal or informal).
- List the contact information for RSVP.
Sending the Invitations
Here’s a guide to sending invitations to a birthday party.
- Send the invitations at least 3 weeks before the event. For adults, it is probably better to give the invitees a six-weeks notice since they tend to be busier and might need to make arrangements and adjustments to their schedules.
- Traditionally, invitation cards are sent in person or by mail. But nowadays, you can simply email the invitation.
Designing the Birthday Invitation Card
- Incorporate the theme if any.
- Use readable fonts.
- Make sure that the important details (name, date, time, venue, contact information) are displayed prominently.
- Don’t go overboard with colors. Make sure you use colors that do not clash and limit the number of colors to be used. The goal is to make the design easy on the eyes and the text easy to read.
- To make it easier for you, you can use a pre-designed template so you’ll only need to enter the details about your party. See samples of pre-designed templates below.
If you are on the receiving end of an invitation to a birthday party, remember to observe proper etiquette. Here are some reminders for invitees.
- Always RSVP. Let the host know if you can attend or not so that they can make proper arrangements for the party.
- If you already confirmed to attend the party, show up and don’t cancel at the last minute.
- Don’t bring someone else to the party unless it is indicated in the invitation that you are allowed to do so.
- If you were invited to a surprise party, do your best to not ruin the surprise.
- For most parties, you are expected to bring a gift. But some people may not want to receive gifts and they usually will indicate this in the invitation. In this case, follow the wishes of the host.
- Arrive on time and don’t overstay unless the host specifically asked you to.
- Send a thank you note to the host after the party.
What to Write in a Thank You Note After the Party
For dinner parties, it would be great if you can send a thank you note to the host of the party to show them your appreciation for being invited. Here are some samples of thank you notes to send after the party.
- Thanks for letting me be a part of an important event in your life. The party was amazing and the food was superb.
- I had a great time at the party! Thanks a lot for inviting me.
- It was great catching up with all our close friends. Your party was one for the books.
- Thank you so much for treating us to a great party. The food was superb and the arrangements were fantastic. Looking forward to getting together again in the near future.
- Thank you for a lovely birthday dinner. Everything was great.
- I had an amazing evening at your party. It was nice to catch up with old friends and meet new people. You are such a great host.
- I had a wonderful time at your birthday party. I love the food and the arrangements.
- I love everything about your party. Thanks for inviting me. I had a good time.
- Wow, you could start your own event-organizing business! Everything about your party was great.
- Thank you for inviting me to your lovely dinner party. I totally cheated on my diet because the food was so delicious. The venue and the decors were great too.
- What a lovely dinner! Thank you so much for inviting me to the celebration of one of the most important days of your life.
What to Write in a Thank You Note for a Surprise Party
If somebody organized a surprise party for you, it would be nice to send them a thank you note to let them know how much you appreciated their efforts. Here are some sample wordings for a thank you note for the surprise party.
- Thank you for the party. I really didn’t expect it. I really appreciate all your efforts.
- Thank you so much for organizing a party for me. I had a great time.
- I really appreciate all the effort you put into organizing the surprise party for me. I had a great time catching up with our closest friends.
- You really gave it all for the surprise party for me. Thank you so much for organizing it. I had a wonderful time.
- Thank you for the surprise party. The theme, the food, the venue, and the music were all perfect. You really know me well.
We hope that we have helped you come up with the perfect birthday party invitation wording for the party that you are hosting. We also hope that you liked the bonus tips we included in this post.
If you like our post, please show your support by sharing it via social media channels. Be sure to check out our other articles below.