Birthday Present Ideas for Mom: When it is about mom’s birthday, it’s time to think about how and what gifts to give on her birthday! After all, a birthday is an essential event in the life of any person. The holiday, of course, can carry a different shade.
Best Birthday Present Ideas for Mom
For example, celebrate with friends in restaurants or bars, and maybe only in the family and relatives. However, no matter what preferences the birthday man has in this regard, a gift is required. Here you will find birthday party ideas, design tips, and manufacturing nuances.
Gifts Are Different
A present is a crucial element of the celebration, which can be expressed as respect, love, and care, as well as neglect. Some gifts may serve as a subtle hint to some decisions or actions. On the contrary, some presents are pure in their message and are a reflection of our intentions, and for a birthday person, they become a memorable thing.
For a loved one, you always want to do something unique and memorable, but for such a result, it is vital to consider preferences. You should not ignore the hostility or love of the birthday person for some things, colors, series, or even patterns. Anyway, while choosing a gift, you may follow the stereotypes. For example, all women love flowers, and you can use the trick to show respect, love, to your mom. You may give her a fantastic bouquet as a gift. It will work well if she is not allergic to pollen.
From Hand to Hand
Many people currently value human-made items. They are multifaceted in their variation and can often contain some historical-symbolic character. But the essential thing in such gifts is that they are unique and exist in a single copy since specially created for only one person. How can you not feel loved and significant if you find yourself the owner of such a gift?
But what and how exactly can a son or daughter do as a gift for her mother? After all, preparing a gift with your own hands is not so simple. There are many options, but let’s start with a simple one.
It would seem that paper is such a general material. But competent handling and great use turn it into real masterpieces. The equipment is very comfortable because creations from them can please a parent, even a small child. In addition to simple applications for paper products include:
- Photo collage (or self-made album)
Various patterns make such material into a real masterpiece. Its roots in this type of decorative art go back to Ancient China, where for the most part, it had a religious character. Now it’s just a beautiful and unusual form of art.
For the manufacture of origami requires an only paper of a specific size and density. Color doesn’t matter – use whatever you like. When choosing the thickness, one can often be guided only by trial and error.
- To get started, first, you need to prepare the sheet. Five leaves, one for each petal of the future flower.
- Next, the sheet needs to be folded in half so that the line in the center is well pressed. Then we unfold and bend the upper and lower parts alternately to the center.
- We twist a corner, we push well, and we unfold again. We do the same with the same side of the sheet, but now we bend the edge up.
- Fully expand the leaflet, check if the marked line is well-pressed. Also, check the bottom fold line.
- Then, along the line, we bend the corner and the lower part, so that it turns out that way.
- Now without turning the result, turn it over to the other side and bend the marked side.
- The next step is to bend the three remaining corners. Then fold in half. Lines from previous folds must be visible.
- Now once again, we turn the curve as shown in the image, and the first petal is ready! It remains to do the same with the remaining leaves.
- It remains only to combine the resulting workpiece. The “pockets” formed in the sheets will help with this.
- We collect the petals, connecting them with the help of a fixed corner in the indicated “pocket.”
- And now the exquisite flower is ready!
Photo Collage With Mom’s Best Images <3
A photo collage is beautiful in that it does not require a lot of words – because you can clearly express all the sacred on the canvas. The essence of the idea is pure: to collect, combine, and arrange selected photos. It is not necessary to collect photographs of only one birthday girl and fill them with a canvas! There will be a place there for you, and, possibly, for other relatives. In the end, you can insert your photos with congratulations into the collage.
There can be two formats: an electronic and a handmade poster.
- It may seem that in the first version, the element of “own hands” is lost, but this is not so. You can independently collect photos and place them on the canvas in the program. For that, you can use photo editing software like Adobe Photoshop. Then you need to print the finished stuff. However, it is not so expensive and available in special workshops.
- In the second case, the scope for imagination is not at all limited. You can decorate the photo with various elements such as light-weight sweets, coffee bags, personally folded origami, multiple patterns, etc.
Of course, the card itself cannot fulfill the role of a full-fledged gift, but it is its faithful companion. You should not forget about it, because it is part of the memory, and it can be very original. And to make a postcard with your own hands is not at all difficult! But you need to remember that a handmade postcard should not be perfect or reminiscent. Thus, you should not worry if it turns out not as colorful as it seemed in your head.
It may seem like a miracle of technology, but everything is easy. The look of such a product will be a real pleasant surprise for your mother!
For manufacturing you will need:
- Two sheets of thick paper (preferably the one used for printing photos)
- Adhesive tape (preferably color)
- Stationery knife
- Cut one of the two pre-prepared sheets of paper in half with a clerical knife. Two leaves will be future sash.
- Now gently glue these parts to a whole sheet of paper using tape. The result should be actively opening and closing sashes.
- As decoration, you can use felt. From it, you need to cut out the heart in advance and cut it in half. After gluing on the movable part of the postcard, you need to open the letter along with the sashes. As a result, the heart will also open.
- For reliability, it’s worth leaving a postcard for a couple of hours under something heavy. A few books are great.
- The postcard is ready! It remains only to write congratulations inside.
The design can be complicated and add tape to the sashes! Then it will not open slightly earlier than it should be. In this case, you need to choose a long tape of medium width. Brush the edges that will be attached to the paper with PVA glue and leave to dry.
Salted Dough Souvenir: Painted Heart
The idea for creating a beautiful memento can be right under your nose. If you did not know, then ordinary dough can be used for sculpting various souvenirs. Of course, you won’t be able to eat salted dough, but this will be a unique and unique present for your loved one.
For the test you will need:
- paints (preferably acrylic, but gouache is also suitable)
- PVA glue
- First, knead the dough. To do this, use flour, salt, and water in a ratio of about 3: 2: 1. Mix well and carefully monitor the consistency. The dough should be so and not too stick to your hands. You can store it in the refrigerator – just pre-wrap it with cling film.
Keep up the consistency! The dough has an unpleasant habit of cracking when dried. Such an outcome can ruin your craft and have to start all over again.
- Separate the lump from the resulting dough and roll it so that the surface is even. Then squeeze a little.
- The next step is to give the resulting pancake a heart shape. For this, you can use a cookie cutter or knife. After trimming the edges, you need to smooth.
- Now you need to wait until the dough has hardened, and then paint and apply the selected inscriptions (these may be congratulations, wishes, as well as various drawings). When the paint sets, be sure to coat the product with varnish!
N: B: You shouldn’t try to make too big or voluminous heart because the dough will be heavy.
Craft From Beads: Bonsai Tree
A genuinely universal material for art is the beads. From it, you can collect not only beads but also weave a picture or figure. If this moment you did not do needlework, then you should pay attention to this unique material.
Specifically, for the manufacture of wood, you will need:
- Thin wire and 0.5 mm wire
- Thick wire for stems
- Beads (about 300 grams)
- Electrical tape (black or brown)
- Adhesive Bandage
- Shape for wood (any deep capacity will do)
- Gypsum plaster
- Cling film
- PVA glue
Working with beads is a painstaking process, which, however, fully pays off with its result. And this is an original gift that you can make with your own hands for mom on her birthday.
In the courtyard of the 21st century – almost everyone has a modern smartphone and accounts in the most popular social networks – VKontakte, Instagram, classmates, Facebook, etc. And if not, then his life somehow gets on the cameras of home phones. You can take a short video-congratulation and post it on social networks by adding a few comments and sending it directly to the hero of the occasion.
However, many people are frightened of this option by fear and complexity in video editing. Currently, there are alternatives to such challenging to learn programs like Adobe Premiere Pro or Sony Vegas. For example, Wondershare Filmora is intuitive and does not scare with its voluminous tools. And it is suitable for beginners. Everything else, the program is free. It’s time to try something new!
Suppose the present is already ready, but in this form, it is still absolutely impossible to approach it and with a smile to palm off the birthday girl. After all, in the first place, we all look at the wrapper, which both attracts and repels. Of course, this is only the first impression, and the contents of a poorly packaged presentation can completely change everything, but why not try and make everything perfect?
We already mentioned above about the card, which is also a kind of design. Now it’s the turn of packaging.
What is the Packaging
Perhaps the most common is a transparent film, which is often decorated with catchy patterns. Very bright design and fits almost all types of gifts. The only minus is that the film is quite slippery and it is not always convenient to work with it.
Gift paper is also no less wasteful option than transparent film. Such paper has a vast number of different patterns and, unlike the film, is not so catchy. Easily accessible due to its low cost.
Burlap is a no less good option for packaging. Although it has some cons, it is suitable for needlework. Such a fabric is prone to “flowing” along the edges, so they require additional processing with glue or fire.
Organza, like burlap, is from the category of “loose” tissues and, unfortunately, has the same disadvantages. The structure resembles a tulle. It is most often used for packing small gifts, bouquets or a bag is made of it.
And the last, most comfortable option is the tapes. Usually, they are used in combination with boxes or transparent bags. Ribbons have a considerable number of colors; there are also ribbons with patterns on the market. They are cheap enough, and perfectly emphasize any packaging!
Do not take too narrow tapes. They have the property of hopelessly pulling together and neatly untying them, will fail.
These are the gifts and decoration for them you can do with your own hands and give your mom as a birthday gift!