We all have that one special person in our lives that makes us smile, laugh, and appreciate each moment. That special person is our best friend, and what better way to celebrate them than with inspiring and uplifting quotes about friendship?
From funny sayings to heartfelt messages, these quotes can help you express your appreciation for your closest friends and show them how much you care. Share these special words of wisdom and brighten your best friend’s day.
The Power of Friendship
There’s no denying that friendship is one of life’s greatest gifts. Having a best friend to share life’s ups and downs with is one of life’s greatest blessings. From laughter and comfort in times of sadness to joy and support during the good times, a true friend stands by us through thick and thin.
Friendship is often seen as a two-way street, and it’s true that true friends should be there for each other. But it’s also true that friendship is a million little things. True friends support each other through good and bad, share stories and advice, and make time for each other no matter what. They may not always agree but can always rely on each other.
The best part about friendship is that it never stops giving. Friends make us feel accepted and valued. They understand our silly jokes and give us the best hugs and the most thoughtful gifts. They can make us feel like anything is possible and give us the courage to face life’s toughest challenges.
Friendships are also incredibly powerful. They can help us make important decisions, inspire us to be our best selves, and provide us with a sense of security. No matter how different our personalities or backgrounds are, friends can always make us feel like a part of something bigger. They lift us up when we’re down and push us to do our best.
Quotes About True Friendship
True friendship is one of the most treasured gifts in life. It is a bond that is built over time through shared experiences and understanding. Here are some inspiring and uplifting quotes about true friendship to celebrate the special relationship between friends.
- “In the sweetness of friendship, let there be laughter and sharing of pleasures.” – Khalil Gibran
- “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Friendship isn’t a big thing – it’s a million little things.” – Unknown
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”- C.S. Lewis
- “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” – David Tyson.
- “The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.” – Hubert H. Humphrey.
- “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” – Thomas Aquinas
- “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” – David Tyson
- “Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest, it’s about who walked into your life, said ‘I’m here for you,’ and proved it.” – Unknown
- “Friendship is not about people who act true to your face. It’s about people who remain true behind your back.” – Unknown
- “The language of friendship is not words but meanings.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm & constant.” – Socrates
- “Friendship is a plant of slow growth and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.” – George Washington
- “The only true test of friendship is the time your friend spends on you” – John Marsden
- “Friendship consists in forgetting what one gives and remembering what one receives.” – Alexander Dumas
- “Friendship is the golden thread that ties the heart of all the world.” – John Evelyn
- “The real test of friendship is can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?” – Eugene Kennedy
- “Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.” – Elie Wiesel
True friendship is a precious gift that should be celebrated and cherished. Rejoice in the bond you have with your closest friends, and share these quotes to remind them how much their friendship means to you.
Quotes About Friends
- “A friend believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself.” – Unknown
- “A single rose can be my garden… a single friend my world.” – Leo Buscaglia
- “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “Friends are like stars: you don’t always see them, but you know they’re always there.” – Unknown
- “A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.” – Donna Roberts
- “A friend overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.” – Unknown.
- “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.” – Jim Morrison
- “It’s not what we have in life, but who we have in our life that matters.” – Unknown
- “A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad.”- Arnold H. Glasgow
- “A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.” – Unknown
- “True friends are those rare people who come to find you in dark places and lead you back to the light.” – Unknown
- “Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” – Albert Camus
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Walter Winchell
- “Friends are the family you choose.” – Jess C. Scott
- “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” – Elisabeth Foley
- “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” – Arnold H. Glasgow
- “Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.” – Ed Cunningham
- “You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself, he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.” – Laurence J. Peter
- “Some people arrive and make such a beautiful impact on your life, you can barely remember what life was like without them.” – Anna Taylor
- “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have.” – Irish Proverb
- “Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness.” – Euripides
- “One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.” – Euripides
- “True friends are like diamonds — bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” – Nicole Richie
- “The best mirror is an old friend.” – George Herbert
- “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself — and especially to feel, or not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them.” – Jim Morrison
- “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – William Shakespeare
- “The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Friends should be like books, few, but hand-selected.” – C.J. Langenhoven
- “A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends.” – Virginia Woolf
- “You are my best friend as well as my lover, and I do not know which side of you I enjoy the most. I treasure each side, just as I have treasured our life together.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.” – Bernard Meltzer
- “Friends are like stars, they come and go, but the ones that stay are the ones that glow.” – Roxy Quiksilver
Funny Quotes About Friendship
Friendship is an important part of life, and it’s always nice to be able to celebrate your best friends. Here are some funny sayings to express your appreciation for your closest friends.
- “A good friend will help you move, but a best friend will help you move a body.” – Unknown
- “Love is blind; friendship tries not to notice.” – Unknown
- “The only thing better than a friend is a friend with chocolate.” – Linda Grayson
Quotes About the Value of Friendship
Friendships can often be taken for granted, but they are some of our most important relationships. Our friends inspire, challenge, and support us throughout our lives, and it’s important to take the time to appreciate them. What better way to do that than with a few quotes about the value of friendship?
Celebrate your best friends with these inspiring quotes about the value of friendship. Show them how much they mean to you with these special words of wisdom.